"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Dash of Color

Before starting on the doily edging, I wanted to briefly work on something else, something with some color.


These are Jane Eborall's Multi-Beaded Earrings, tatted in Jess's "Winter Jewels" HDT. I have to say, these earrings are quite fiddly to work, though a lot of fun. The second one was definitely easier than the first, but I still can't imagine how Jane has been cranking so many of them out lately. I'm very pleased with these earrings and can't wait to go show them off.

I have also made a little bit of a start on the edging.


I like how the edging has points that come inward to fill in the spaces between motifs.

I'm also glad I thought to order a new ball of thread a few weeks ago.


This is all that's left after making the inner part of the doily. I'll use it to refill the shuttle.

5 comments:

  1. They get easier, Miranda!!!! I love a challenge and the first person I challenge is myself!!!!
    Just LOVE your big project. I've been following it and admiring it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great earrings!!! :)
    Looks like a great start on your edge too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful earrings looks like the different kinds of beads, you got them to to work together very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty earrings. Beautiful edging too.

    ReplyDelete