"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Green Cottage Cheese

Sounds like something you'd throw out, doesn't it? Not if it's Mary Konior's "Curds and Whey" tatted in Yarnplayer's "Forest" HDT.


Marilee does the best shaded greens, doesn't she? I never could envision this pattern in anything but a solid color, until I started browsing the book looking for patterns to use as foliage around the dragonfly pond. Then I decided it could look like some kind of fluffy shrubby thing. I do still think the pattern would look weird if it were made in some highly-contrasted variegated thread, though.

I'm getting close to having all the tatting done for this project. However, there will still be more work to do.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely shades of green, looking lovely foliage
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see these as foliage in a natural setting. Very appealing, actually. I agree, I don't think I'd care for the pattern with highly contrasting variegated thread. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foliage is coming along nicely ! Love the different elements you are tatting & am extremely curious how it will all be put together :-))
    The green shade is really fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually one of the few patterns I commonly do in variegated! I usually like it, even with high-contrast variegated. Just goes to show there are almost as many different opinions about how to use color in tatting as there are tatters. ;)

    ReplyDelete