"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Earrings

I promised you earrings, and here they are.



Both of these patterns are from Marilee's latest, Beaded Tatting Finery. The top pair is "Cocoon", tatted in Lizbeth color 185 Arctic Waters. The bottom is "Time and Again", tatted in Lizbeth 607 Charcoal Medium and 662 Turquoise Light.

There are so many other things from Marilee's books that I have plans to make, but right now I'm actually in the middle of something else. I'm hoping that by tomorrow I'll be at a point where I can start showing pictures of that project. (I'm also hoping it will actually work out as planned...)

10 comments:

  1. Those are both wonderful!!! :)
    Love the blues in the top pair!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sets are lovely. The more I see from this book the more I sure I really, really need to get it! I do hope your project goes as planned, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how Marilee comes up with unusual concepts, such as 'Cocoon'. I'm intrigued how you achieved the 'mirror imaging' of the color pattern with Arctic Waters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love how "dense" the design is. It uses very standard tatting techniques, but it looks completely different from anything I've ever seen.

      It was pure lucky accident that made the colors come out like that. I actually have that kind of luck fairly often when using Lizbeth threads, but I really didn't do anything to make it happen.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Once again I marvel at your precise, impeccable tatting. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete